Friday, February 6, 2009

OpenSource NAC solutions



ok, so am busy scoping through the ocean of opensource networking solutions and i came across something ive really been looking for, a network admission control utility (that dnt make me reach out to my pocket,a broke nigga!!!) that is scalable in a multivendor environment. something that can control my wired n wireless access connections. So i came across two solutions namely Packetfence
http://www.packetfence.org

and ZoneCD

www.publicip.net

I downloaded the ZoneCD iso but got stuck on the part of saving the configs to my flash device. I just dont seem to understand why it doesnt mount my flashdrive, i get some error. Oh and by the way, it runs on Knoppix. Next time i try it i will get the error message n post for guys out there to share ideas, am just starting with Linux administration, so for now am a bit green.
With packetfence, i managed to build it up in Ubuntu but then got some errors during install and havent gone back there due to time and other responsibilities (studying for my CCSP exams).
Hopefully within no time i will go back and do a thorough research on them.
For now though, have your mind wide open and try out all these beauty techonology has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers